IPREFER team members are out on the road sharing information on the project. See what they are doing to move the IPREFER mission to optimize pennycress production forward.
- Williams, Dalton “Elucidating the roles of the HIGH ALOPHATIC GLUCOSINOLATE (HAG) genes in glucosinolate production in pennycress (Thlaspi arvense).” Illinois State University Cell and Molecular Biology Seminar series, Normal, IL, Mar. 25, 2020.
- Hagaman Matthew & Rebekka Darner. “Hands-on with Cover Crops & Biofuels: How Cover Crops are Changing Education & Agriculture.” Bradley University STEM/STEAM Conference for K-12 Educators: Innovations in K-12 STEM education and Green Chemistry. Peoria, IL, Mar. 7, 2020.
- The State of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) | Webinar Recording Steve Csonka (CAAFI & IPREFER Advisory Board). May 6, 2020.
- W. B. Phippen. 2020. IPREFER: New USDA-NIFA CAP Program Overview. Carinata 2020 and SPARC annual meeting, Tampa Bay, Florida. February 25-26, 2020
- Gesch, R.W. “Closing agronomic and breeding gaps for commercialization of pennycress and camelina.” Invited Presentation, Cargill Foods Innovation Team, Plymouth, MN, January 23, 2020.
- Tandukar, Zenith. “Understanding the genetic basis of natural variation in seed size and oil content in Pennycress” (Poster presentation). Plant and Animal Genome Conference, San Diego, CA, January 2020.
- Tandukar, Zenith. “Understanding the genetic basis of natural variation in seed size and oil content in Pennycress.” National Biodiesel Conference & Expo, Tampa, FL, January 2020.
- IPREFER: New Cash Crop for Aviation Fuel Dr. Winthrop Phippen (IPREFER). Dec. 5, 2019.
- CoverCress Inc: Adding Farmer Revenue by Providing the 1st Low Carbon Intensity Cash Cover Crop on Unused Land Over Winter. Dr. Cris Handel (CoverCress Inc. & IPREFER). Dec. 5, 2019.
- Wells., M.S. “New Cash Crop Opportunities: Pennycress and Beyond.” 32nd Annual Integrated Crop Management Conference, Iowa State University, Ames, IA. December 2019.
- Chopra, Ratan. “Progress Toward the Identification and Stacking of Crucial Domestication Traits in Pennycress.” Oral presentation. ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Annual Meeting, Nov. 10-13, 2019. San Antonio, Texas.
- Ott, Matthew. “Acceleration of Flowering Time and Maturity in a Pennycress (Thlaspi arvense) Line and Identification of the Causative Gene.” Oral presentation. ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Annual Meeting, Nov. 10-13, 2019. San Antonio, Texas.
- Ott, Matthew. Pennycress (Thlaspi arvense) Yield Peaks at Low Nitrogen Rate. “Poster presentation, ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Annual Meeting, Nov. 10- 13, 2019. San Antonio, Texas.”Sedbrook, John. “Employing CRISPR Gene Editing and EMS Mutagenesis to Rapidly Domesticate Pennycress As an Oilseed-Producing Cash Cover Crop.” ASA, CSSA & SSSA International Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, November 12, 2019.
- Frels, Katherine. “New cash cover crops in the Forever Green Initiative.” Green Lands Blue Waters Conference, Minneapolis, MN, November 2019.
- W. B. Phippen, J. Sedbrook, D. M. Marks, and M.S. Wells. 2019. Program to Commercialize Pennycress (Thlaspi arvense L.). Advancement of Industrial Crops Annual Meeting, Tucson, Arizona. September 7-12, 2019
- Frels, Katherine. “Genetic diversity of field pennycress (Thlaspi arvense) reveals untapped variability and paths toward selection for domestication.” Oral presentation. Association for the Advancement of Industrial Crops Annual Conference, September 2019. Phoenix, Arizona.
- Frels, Katherine. “Unlocking Pennycress Potential: Rapid Domestication through Breeding and Bioinformatics at the University of Minnesota.” Poster presentation. Association for the Advancement of Industrial Crops Annual Conference, September 2019. Phoenix, Arizona.