Our work involves the combined efforts of breeders, bioinformaticists, agronomists, geneticists, biochemists, and farmers affiliated with four pennycress breeding programs: Illinois State University, University of Minnesota, Western Illinois University, and CoverCress, Inc. We are joining forces to rapidly develop elite pennycress varieties with superior traits best adapted for each region where pennycress will be grown commercially.
- Development of Adapted Breeding Lines
- Development of Domestication Traits
- Introgression of Domestication Traits into Adapted Breeding Lines
- Multi-State Yield Evaluations and Seed Increases
- Development of Additional Genetic and Genomic Resources